Q: What do you need to consider when choosing a good skin care product?
- Choose a product range that targets your specific concerns.
E.g. If you are worried about aging, make sure that your products contain the following 5 categories:
Broad spectrum Sunblock (UVA and UVB cover), Retinoids (Vit A derivatives), Fruit Acids (AHA`s or PHA`s), Anti-oxidants (Vit A,E,C, Co Q10 etc), other anti-aging ingredients such as collagen or growth factors etc.
- Choose a product that provides comfort.
If you skin feels tight, dry or sensitive after you have applied a product, you must realize that it is not the right product for your skin type.
- It must offer the level of protection your skin needs.
We live in a sunny country, so we need to use a good sunblock with UVA and UVB cover and a SPF 25 or higher. Choose products that contain Antioxidants! Antioxidants protect your skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells and causes aging.
- Find a skin care routine that fits your lifestyle.
If you have an outdoor lifestyle, you must choose products containing Antioxidants, good moisturizing agents (Hyaluronic acid) and a good SPF.The texture of the product should match the activity. In general non-greasy products are preferred for everyday use. For water sports more adherent formulas are obviously necessary.
Q: Why did we choose the specific products used at MooiKelder Day Spa?
Our main product ranges are EXUVIANCE and QMSmedicosmetics. These product ranges are designed to target concerns and obtain results, but is formulated to be safe for any skin type.
Exuviance is clinically proven to target all signs of aging, smooth texture and even skin tone with a patented bionic blend of highly evolved AHA`s and PHA`s (Fruit acids), Retinoids and Anti-oxidants. With aging, collagen production also slows down in the skin. QMSmedicosemtics has a high-tech delivery system to enhance the penetration of ingredients such as collagen into the skin.
Q: What must I consider for Sun Protection?
- One`s first line of defense in sun protection is sun AVOIDANCE!
- One`s second line of defense is PHYSICAL PROTECTION (hat, clothing etc)
- One`s third line of defense is using ADEQUATE SUN BLOCK! A SPF of 25 or higher should be applied. a Sunblock with UVA and UVB cover, should be used. Use enough, a little does not go a long way! The average person uses only 25% of the amount the factor was determined with.
Q: Why do you think the Heliocare sunblock range is adequate?
Natural sunlight comprises of UVA, UVB and UVC rays. The Heloicare sunblock range is a broad spectrum sunblock range and it contains anti-oxidants (help to prevent free radical damage due to sun exposure). So it is a treatment SPF and the range caters for every skin type.